Subscribe To This Blog
- Court lays out requirements for order for psychological evaluations in divorce actions 3,344 views
- Father can file paternity action in court where he lives even though mother and child live in another county 1,643 views
- Court lays out grounds for requesting reopening a divorce case to accept new evidence 1,405 views
- Venue in Dissolution of Marriage case proper in the county is which the defendant resides at the time of filing 1,145 views
- Assets of irrevocable trust are NOT distributable in divorce action 1,074 views
- Court establishes where Proper Venue lies for filing to domesticate a foreign judgment 868 views
- Fla. R. Fam. Procedure 12.540 grants authority for relief from judgment for clerical error and NOT legal error 799 views
- Rule 1.540 (b)(4) allows for relief from a “void” judgment, but not a “voidable” one. 710 views
- Ultimate decision making authority must be specific 648 views
- NO TIME BAR TO FILE A RELIEF FROM JUDGMENT ALLEGING A FRAUDULENT FINANCIAL AFFIDAVIT FILED UNDER RULE 12.540. 594 views
- Elizabeth Wolt chosen as candidate for Who’s Who in American law
- APPOINTING A GUARDIAN AD LITEM IN FLORIDA DISSOLUTION CASES?
- Should I keep or sell my home in a Florida Divorce?
- Negotiating Conflict in Divorce cases by Elizabeth Wolt, Esq.
- Can my spouse get my psychological & medical records in a Fla. divorce?
Author Archives: Beth
Issues to Consider when deciding whether to keep or sell the marital home in a Florida Divorce: For many couples, the marital home may well be the single largest asset in the divorce. Most couples own their home jointly—although there … Continue reading
Like it or not, you are a negotiator. Everyone negotiates some issue at least once a day. Negotiation is the means by which we communicate with others to get what we want. The back and forth banter is designed to … Continue reading
In the case of BROOKS v. BROOKS, 239 So. 3d 758 (Fla. 1st DCA 2018) .The First DCA clearly lays out the standards that must be met in order to subpoena a party’s personal medical and psychological records in a … Continue reading
All retirement benefits that accrued from the date you say I do until the date one of the spouses filed for divorce is a marital asset. If you had a retirement account prior to marriage, you need to contact your … Continue reading
Often it is better to request alimony or agree that payments for the sale of a business or home are to be lump-sum alimony to protect yourself in case the party that is required to pay you your half upon … Continue reading
Naples and Ft. Myers Family Law Attorney, Elizabeth Wolt won an award of temporary spousal support for a Wife that earned more than her husband where the husband was living in a supportive relationship. She was able to show need … Continue reading
This is an often asked question. Florida is an equitable Distribution State. That usually means that all assets and all liabilities acquired from the date you say “I do” until the date one of the spouses files a Petition for a … Continue reading